Monday, October 25, 2010

Geocaching is for everyone!

Grandma holding the cache!
One of the things I say to people all the time is that ANYONE can geocache!  We often drag along friends and/or family on our geocaching adventures, and more often that not they have a fun day treasure hunting with us.  I guess we have dragged the Grandparents along enough now, because they started asking questions like "Is this a large or small container?" or "Can we start looking now?", and they are actively trying to find it before the kids do!  I realized that Grandma and Grandpa had tagged along with us more than a few times, as Grandma seemed to be interested in more than just watching US find the treasure!  We were on our way to dinner one evening and made a couple stops for some caches.   One particular cache was called Urban Redwood Forest ( GC28Z18 ) and it was supposed to be a larger container full of SWAG!  :)  We arrived in the parking lot close to a small grass area with a half dozen or so redwood trees, and everyone jumped out of the car to start looking for the cache while I grabbed the kids buckets.  As I was making my way from the car (before I even started looking!) Grandma yelled out "There it is!" and she was pointing at the container.  Her smile rivaled my 4 year olds on her first find, and it was kind of cool to see her make her first find.  I realized how much I like bringing others to go geocaching with us right then.  You just never know who else is going to love this crazy hobby? 

No comments:

Post a Comment