Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I see a container in everything now...

I realized as I went through all the potential containers for some new hides that I'm looking for them everywhere I go (as if I don't have enough, it looks like I'm collecting them!).   The picture above shows some of the containers that I'm getting ready to hide.  Tupperware containers are the most common and are usually able to keep the contents from being exposed to the elements.  The cammoed container at the front left of the picture was already hidden!  This was just a simple Tupperware container that I put cammo tape on.  As with all caches, I think it is more fun for the finders if the cache has a fun name or theme.  Since it was close to Halloween I decided to call this one Trick or Treat ( GC2HNZX ) and fill it with Halloween SWAG.  Some containers like that one can be hidden almost anywhere and others like the hallowed out rat in the picture will need to be in a more remote spot.  I actually can't wait to hide that one and call it something like 'you dirty rat' or 'a rat in the kitchen'  (UB40 song!).  I'm still looking for the right place to hide that one. 
A couple weekends ago I was at my parents house and took the girls on a geocaching run and came across a container that was perfect for the spot.  The cache also had a name that tied it into its surroundings.  This is something I try to do with my hides as well.  As we found the cache I decided to take some pictures of the cool hide.  The cache was called For the Birds ( GC1RDF1 ).   As you can see from the picture at the left, GZ brought us to a cool bird house.  The cammoed container was a perfectly placed in the top of a pole at the base of the bird house post.  I loved the hide there!   

No comments:

Post a Comment