Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Geocaching changes your perspective!

I often find myself looking at things differently now that we are Geocachers.  Since we spend lots of time hunting for SWAG in urban settings, you quickly find out that geocaching containers big and small are everywhere and anywhere.  I've even parked in a shopping center with Audrey and watched her look under the lamp post cover.  (we have seen many hides like that)  I asked her, 'What are you doing' and she replied, 'looking for the treasure!'  I guess we have been on the way to the movies or a store and stopped for a quick find, so I can't even really say anything but it is pretty funny.  Could we find a cache we did not even know was there?  There are even times when I see a pile of rocks that looks a little off, and I've wondered if there was a cache hidden there?  This past weekend we ended up at a geocache that was exactly that.  It was a container hidden in a wall of rocks that reminded me of so many 'piles of rocks' I'd often wondered about.  The cache was called The path to nowhere ( GC24NK2 ).  The picture at the top left is a close up of the spot where the cache was hidden.  The rock in the center of the picture was covering a large hole that the cache was in.  This was a fun one!  We were walking to GZ which turned out to be about 10 to 15 feet away from the cache and my wife asked if I was at GZ?  As I replied yes, my oldest daughter yells out 'found it!' and had the cache I hand! Sometimes we are so focused on where to start looking, that by the time we find GZ there is a kid with good geo-sense that makes the find!  Audrey was all smiles as you can see in the picture.  Gone are the days when we find it and pretend that one of the kids finds it first.  I actually love that!  :)           

No comments:

Post a Comment