Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mystery Caches - Why don't more people go for them?

Tonight I wanted to return to a mystery cache called Natomas Stonehenge GC24QMF, that I took Audrey and Maya to over the weekend.  We ended up with a DNF that day, as the girls were more interested in playing at the park nearby than searching for the treasure (it happens sometimes!).  But this particular cache is not just a matter of going to a spot and looking in a small area.  Part of the riddle to get to the cache, was that it could be hidden within 500 feet of GZ (ground zero).  I did a quick sweep of the area, and did not manage to come up with the find that day (was a bummer!).  Many mystery caches seem to go ignored for some reason?  We often pass on them as well, and many are not as difficult as this one was.  They can be more satisfying finds, and they seem to have BETTER SWAG in the cache!  So, with the kids being out of town, my wife and I headed over to GZ and were going to tackle this one.  Since I had been there a few days back I thought it was going to take us a long time to track it down.  We split up and were going to search making our way to a center point, hoping one of us found it.  I had not even started looking yet and Maureen yells out "Found it!".  She had a look on her face like, that was easy... DAM!  Now knowing where the cache is hidden, I'm sure we will return with the girls and let them find it, to trade with the SWAG another day.  The picture attached is 'Natomas Stonehenge'.  Often when out geocaching we see things we don't even know are there.  Was a pretty cool monument.

No comments:

Post a Comment