Friday, August 6, 2010

My first post... The fun of the find....

Since we started this crazy hobby a year ago, I have become the driving force to get the family out of the house 'treasure hunting' as much as possible.  With two young daughters, we quickly found that finding the micro or nano caches was not going to be exciting for them.  The hunt for larger containers with SWAG was quickly our goal.  Each of the four of us is looking with a different goal in mind, which can make going as a group tricky for some of our cache searches.  I'm in it for the fun of the search and find.  I like all sized caches and also love to hide them.  For me picking up trackable items in caches and moving them to a new location is just fun.  I get to log all our finds on www.geocaching.com and tell a story if there is one to be told about how we found the cache.  My wife likes to also TRY to be the one to find the cache first (I think if we kept a Talley we'd be close to even actually).  She also has her own collection of SWAG items that she likes to find.  These consist of coins, and signature items from other cachers, and some have been very unique.  My two daughters like to trade for SWAG in the containers (This is how I came up with the Blogs name!).  They call geocaching 'treasure hunting', and usually get excited when we open up an ammo box, as there can be anything inside to trade for.  They have gone treasure hunting enough with us to start asking questions like 'How big is the container?' or if we are taking a long time to find one we might get, 'Do you guys give up yet?'.  The coolest thing ever is when one of the girls truly finds it BEFORE we do!  Puts a big smile on our faces.  Since we have over a year of cache finds under our belts already I'll probably post some of our favorite finds to get this blog started...

No comments:

Post a Comment